Moonpig pulls Cristiano Ronaldo’s card and apologizes ahead of Valentine’s Day


Exclusive:

EXCLUSIVE: Moonpig is no longer selling a greeting card featuring Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo with the message: ‘Nothing will stop me scoring for Valentine’s Day’

Video loading

Video unavailable

Cristiano Ronaldo hits back at people accusing him of rape by calling it ‘fake news’

Moonpig apologized after removing a Cristiano Ronaldo-themed card from their website ahead of Valentine’s Day.

The February 14 product described the Manchester United striker celebrating with the message: “Nothing will stop me from scoring on this Valentine’s Day.”

It’s unclear if Ronaldo has endorsed the card.

Moonpig is no longer selling the item on their website after facing backlash on social media, with a fan on Reddit calling him “incredibly ignorant”.

The fan then asked “what were they thinking?” while another simply labeled the card “Horrible”.

Ronaldo has been accused of sexually assaulting a former model, Kathryn Mayorga, in a hotel room in Las Vegas nearly 13 years ago.

A spokesperson for Moonpig told the Mirror: “We never intend to upset anyone, we pride ourselves on delighting our customers and strive to provide them with an exceptional range and service.







Cristiano Ronaldo was portrayed with the message: ‘Nothing will stop me from scoring this Valentine’s Day’
(

Picture:

moon pig)


“When concerns were raised about this map, we immediately removed it from our site.”

Ronaldo’s representatives have been approached for comment.

The Portugal captain has always staunchly denied Mayorga’s claims and a judge recommended the civil case against him be dismissed in October.

The claims were settled out of court 11 years ago and Mayorga received a sum of $375,000 (£276,260) from Ronaldo upon signing a non-disclosure agreement.

But in 2018, she opened a procedure to have this settlement annulled, arguing that it had been signed under duress. Mayorga said she was inspired by the #MeToo movement and waived her right to anonymity in an interview with German news outlet Der Spiegel, which obtained information relating to the case via Football Leaks.







Kathryn Mayorga claims £56million in damages from Cristiano Ronaldo
(

Picture:

Getty)


The American, 37, has demanded £56m from Ronaldo, also 37, and a final decision on whether her fight for damages and costs can continue has yet to be made. announced.

Las Vegas police confirmed in 2019 that the footballer would not face criminal charges after reopening the investigation into him the previous year.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo attempts to block a newspaper from accessing documents held by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Ronaldo’s lawyers claim much of the information in question was obtained in breach of solicitor-client privilege via the Football Leaks website.

Mayorga’s legal team agree that details gleaned via an alleged hack should not be made public until a court has ruled on whether it would infringe Ronaldo’s rights.







The alleged incident happened in the summer of 2009, when Cristiano Ronaldo made a move from Manchester United to Real Madrid.
(

Picture:

DailyMirror)


However, they say the remaining documents, numbering more than 400, should be given to The New York Times.

Judge Jennifer A Dorsey will be addressed by both legal teams and a final hearing on whether police records will be kept under lock and key will be scheduled for a later date.

The initial hearing was twice delayed by coronavirus outbreaks on either side of the dispute.

The documents in question are redacted in part but include crime reports, property records, voluntary statements from the accuser and defendant and other communications with detectives.

Previous Panic at the Cisco! Five new bugs, three of which are perfect 10s
Next Microsoft stomps 48 bugs in February Patch Tuesday update