Lost Ark is now out and players are already reporting some issues they are facing while playing this game. This guide covers all Lost Ark errors and fixes that have appeared on forums and communities, so you don’t have to look elsewhere to make your gaming experience smoother and simpler.
Lost Ark bugs and fixes
Here is a list of all errors, along with complete solutions.
Lost Ark connection timeout error
Connection timeout error often occurs in online games due to experience overflow. Many gamers are facing this problem and report it constantly. Here are some solutions you can try.
- You can try deleting all technical beta files. You need to access the library and uninstall the technical beta to do this. Now close and relaunch Steam.
- Some players have also reported that restarting Steam solved their problem, so you can try restarting Steam if the above solution does not work.
- Additionally, Steam has acknowledged this issue, so they are working to fix it as soon as possible. However, players should wait if the solution persists even after trying the above two solutions.
The lost ark keeps crashing
Check and repair game files on Steam. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Launch Steam after restarting your computer.
- Click and select the game from the library. Alternatively, players can also click on the gear icon by going to the Library page located on the far right of the game.
- Select the drop-down menu and click on the Properties option.
- Under the Local Files tab, select the Verify integrity of game files button.
Close unnecessary programs. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Now right-click on the process you want to close and click End Task
Also check if the following programs are also interfering.
- anti-virus tool
- Anti-spyware software
- VPN software
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) clients
- Video/voice chat apps
- Flow apps
- IP filtering/blocking programs
Regularly update the graphics driver. Check if your system meets the requirements and install the latest version.
Recheck the antivirus software and add Lost Ark to the program’s whitelist. Another common cause of crashes in any system are overlays such as the in-game Steam or Discord overlay. Disable overlays to try and fix crashing issues if the above solutions didn’t work. To do this, follow the steps below
- Click on the In-game icon by going to the settings.
- Here, the Enable Steam Overlay box should be unchecked.
Players can also try to open Discord by going to the gear icon. Next, open Game Overlay and disable Enable in Game Overlay. Here, run Lost Ark and test the issue.
List of some other errors
The following issues will most likely require fixes from the developers themselves. Hopefully a new launch day patch can fix some of these errors in Lost Ark.
Quest related error
A side quest icon hides a pointer for a main story quest located at Bandit Road in Saland Hill. To overcome this problem, you can head to Gus, located south of Saland Hill.
Whenever a cutscene occurs, players can see items randomly appear and move across the screen.
- Pop-ups for Gunlancer class related tutorials constantly appear, interfering with gameplay.
- On some occasions, Voice Chat Panel does not show up during PvP matches.
- The microphone remains muted even after the Voice Chat panel activates the microphone.
- Text chat prompts show controller options even if the player has switched to keyboard and mouse.
- Player names are not displayed in the voice chat menu and are instead labeled as “Unknown Player”.
- Mari’s secret store does not appear in the server time. Instead, it appears in UTC.
- “Royal Crystals” appears in English only when we localize Steam Overlay.
- The local Steam currency is not displayed and instead the Royal Crystals offers overlay appears in USD. However, they are automatically converted to your local currency later.
Graphics configuration issues
- When you change the resolution set for the PC, the UI scaling in the video settings will not be adjusted accordingly.
- Sometimes when players click the Restore Defaults button, the implemented graphics settings are very high.
- Dialog text is blended with a blue text box in 4K resolution while players interact with an NPC.
- Audio is not present in the cutscene that follows the Fortress Ceremony.
- When players locate the character creation option to change the background, the character selection audio plays. For this reason, two audios merge.
- Audio for some classes is not available. Also, it is also not available for the Korean VO DLC.
- On some occasions, players may not be able to see, hear, leave the party, or see STT even though Speak to Text (STT) is active.
- Other players can see your messages being typed while STT is active.
- Players will see tutorials for keyboard and mouse rather than controller inputs.
- Players cannot access the friend list drop-down menu while using the controller.
Localization or language bug
Some text in the Coordination Book still only appears in English, even if the language is changed.